Lachat Town Farm

By Chloë Eve - November 16, 2016












Outfit Details:


Back in early October, I went to visit an old working farm in my hometown in Connecticut. The farm was recently dedicated to the town's nature conservancy for public and educational use, the emphasizes the town's agricultural roots. The property still contains the existing farm house and barn from 1770, as well as a newly added community garden area.

I grew up right near this farm with all the rolling hills and acres upon acres of meadow fields. One of my favorite childhood memories was when Mr. Lachat (the owner), would let all the kids in the neighborhood go sledding on all his rolling hills. Always so much fun sledding down, but the walk back up was definitely a struggle in the snow lol.

Although it was early fall, there were still some flowers and crops growing in the community garden. I was pretty excited when I came across a few sunflowers that were still going strong. They are definitely one of my favorite flowers!

I wore this sheer lace Free People dress that has a cut out on the back and bell sleeves. I love all the detailing on this dress that makes it feel extra special. I recently purchased these Jeffrey Campbell booties and have been finding ways to wear them with almost every outfit. I have trouble finding booties that fit perfectly around my ankles. When I came across these boots that have wire and are adjustable around the ankle, I couldn't have been more exited. The taupe color is an ideal neutral shade as it can be worn with almost anything.

Unfortunately my dress was purchased a few years ago and I'm unable to find the exact one. Thankfully Free People has an endless amount of white lace dresses year after year, which made finding similar styles a breeze.


Click on the images below to shop the dresses.


SaveSave

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments