Summer Trends: By Brennen from Wayward Girl

By Chloë Eve - May 22, 2012

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Today, I am excited to share a collaboration with Brennen from Wayward Girl. Her blog is full of inspirational photographs, fashion trends, music, and more! Below, Brennen shares her favorite summer trends that will definitely add to your summer fun. I love her unique, edgy, and vintage picks.  Make sure to check out Wayward Girl

With summer finally in full swing, I am so excited to put away all scarves and jumpers for my happier, sunnier wardrobe. 

Now that all of us are fishing out our swimsuits and sundresses from the very back of our chest of drawers, I thought it would be a nice refresher to take a look at some of the best trends for the summer and how we can sprinkle them throughout our already fabulous wardrobes. 

I'll Be Your Cigarette

Crop Tops: The day that the fashion gods decided that we didn't need the lower half of our blouses was the day I rejoiced and started rifling through my closet. Being an early adopter can be hard sometimes. My friends still make fun of me for how many bare-midriff ensembs I sport, and heaven knows what the old ladies at the grocery store must be thinking about my belly-button, but no matter. It's summer, it's hot, and as my wonderful Southern mother would say "there ain't no shame in sporting what the good Lord gave you."

Mustard: This is another one of my personal favorites. I love all things mustard and I'm so glad the fashion world loves them too. Since color blocking is still in full force, mustard is the hue that somehow  perfectly clashes with everything. 

Crazy Person Prints:  I'm still catching onto this one but from what I gather the more you look like you're wearing a 1970's couch from a discount furniture store, the better. Pair everything off with some jewelry that can also function as weaponry and you'll be all set!


don't think twice

Flapper Revolution: The 1920's completely dominated this year's runways and I couldn't be happier about it.

Feathers
Tassels
Opera Length Pearls
Strappy Mary Jane Pumps
And finally, dresses with silhouettes that flatter those of us rocking an A cup (am i rite?)

A friend on mine was pontificating yesterday about how fashion trends like the flapper just seem to appear out of thin air. I couldn't disagree more. I think this rising trend that pays homage to the opulence of the roaring twenties is exactly what the fashion world needs. The 1920's was a time of prosperity and growth, something we've all been missing for a while. But most of all, the twenties were the first time women stepped out as independent, stylish, rebellious individuals who wore baggy, revealing dresses, cut their hair off, and proved they could decide things for themselves.

And I think that's something worth celebrating.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments