At Home Pedicure

By Chloë Eve - July 28, 2014


With summer here, I can usually be found wearing cute sandals, which means that my toes 
must be perfectly polished at all times! Going to the salon or spa to get a pedicure is such a 
nice relaxing luxury, but it can also be pricey. Doing it yourself at home will not only save you 
money, but will give you the ability to change your polish color whenever you like. I'm slightly 
addicted to nail polish and find myself constantly changing my polish color. Because of this, I 
find it so much easier to do a home pedicure. Since I'm always doing at home pedicures, I was excited when Julep contacted me and asked to join them in sharing my DIY home summer pedicure. 

Here are the steps I take to get perfectly polished toes...

 Remove any previous nail polish to make sure your nails are clean.

File your nails so they are even and not too long. Then use cuticle 
tools to push back and cut cuticles for a clean surface.

 Use a foot bath and fill it with hot water. If you don't have one of these you
 can use the bathtub or any container that will fit both your feet. I use a foot bath with a 
heat setting to keep the water hot. It also has a massage setting, which is very nice. 

Put some epsom salt and Vitamin E oil into the foot bath. Both 
of these are helpful for soothing, moisturizing, and keeping your feet soft. 
Soak your feet in this for about ten minutes.

 After soaking your feet for 10 minutes or so, take out the brushes to scrub them. I have 
been using this one from Bath and Body Works. I really like the slight cooling 
and tingling feeling it has. It also really works to exfoliate and soften my feet. 

 Make sure all the scrub has come off in the water. Then
completely dry your feet before you begin to paint. 

These are the three polishes I will be using today for my pedicure. Always start with a base
 coat. I've recently been using the nail foundation by Butter London. I like how quick and 
matte it dries. Using a base coat definitely helps create a longer lasting pedicure as well as 
a smooth surface before applying the color. When the base coat has completely dried (about a 
1-2 minutes) apply two coats of color. This one by Essie is called cute as a button. I 
love bright colors in the summer. This one is the perfect pink. After two coats of the color,
use a top coat. I have used many Sally Hansen top coats. I love them all. They really help 
the polish last longer, are quick to dry, and they leave nails bright and shiny. For this pedicure
 I decided to use the Insta-Dri top coat since I was looking for a quicker dry time. This one only 
takes about a few minutes to dry and leaves your nail polish solid to prevent any dents that can
 happen when the polish is still drying and soft. 

This is my quick and easy home pedicure that will leave your feet sandal ready! 


I highly recommend checking out some of Julpe's new colors. A few of my favorites 
are GoldieHarrietJeanne, and Marjorie

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments